Connect with us

U.S.

Former police chief accused of involvement in US Capitol riot released on bail

Former police chief accused of involvement in US Capitol riot released on bail
Image Credit: reuters

Former police chief accused of involvement in US Capitol riot released on bail

US Capitol riot: The former California police chief accused of involvement in the January 6 attack on the US Capitol has been released on bail, according to a Washington state judge on Tuesday.

Judge Zaia Furky has ordered the release of Alan Hessetter, who is accused of being involved in the Three Percenter right-wing movement in the Capitol attacks by supporters of then-President Donald Trump.

He is one of six California men linked to three terrorists accused earlier this month of a Capitol-related plot that left five people dead.

More than 480 people have been charged with involvement in the attack, a failed attempt to stop Congress from securing Democratic Alliance President Joe Biden’s election victory, Trump falsely claimed was the result of widespread fraud.

Faruqui did not explain in court why Hostetter deserved to be released.

Founded in 2008, Three Percenters is an independent anti-government group that takes its name from the view that only 3% of American immigrants took up arms against the British in the 18th century American Revolution.

Advertisement
Click to comment

featured

More than 800 flights canceled across US

More than 800 flights canceled across US

Spirit Airlines, American Airlines cancel more than 800 flights

On Monday, more than 800 flights and thousands of Spirit Airlines and American Airlines passengers faced cancellations and delays in the final crisis of a summer trip.

The planes canceled more than 800 flights together on Monday and delayed more than a thousand.

A Spirit spokesman told ABC News that the cancellation was the result of a “good storm”, blaming the weather, the shortage of staff and crew by reaching the limits of time where they were able to fly legally.
In order to continue their aviation activities, they first canceled 313 flights, which is about 40% of their daily flight. The cancellation provided the Spirit with a “breathing space” to ensure that crew and planes could reach the right places, the speaker said.

Disappointed passengers wrote on social media tweets that they were trapped, forced to wait in long lines, or sent back.

Also Read: ‘No democracy is perfect’: US Secretary of State Antony Blinken on Centre’s backslide on human rights issue

“We are working around the clock to get back on track after the weekend break due to the inclement weather and business challenges,” Spirit said in a statement. “We needed to be vigilantly canceled for other flights on the network, but most of the flights are still scheduled as planned.”

U.S. Airlines canceled 529 flights on Monday, about 20% of its daily flight.

The superintendent told ABC News that bad weather was still recovering on Sunday in the Dallas / Fort Worth area. The spokesman said severe storms had occurred and at least 80 planes should be relocated to other airports, adding that planes and crews were currently being evacuated to improve efficiency. The cancellation comes as air travel continues to break the epidemic record.

Also Read: UK prime minister Johnson and wife expecting another baby -media

Officials from the Transportation Security Service (TSA) surveyed more than 2.2 million people at US airports across the country on Sunday – the highest number of checkpoints since the epidemic began.

All American airlines and the TSA have borne the brunt of the crew, as flights have risen sharply from historically low levels, approaching pre-epidemic levels.

Continue Reading

U.S.

Couple charged with involuntary manslaughter after gender reveal sparks deadly fire

Couple charged with involuntary manslaughter after gender reveal sparks deadly fire
(Photo: abc news )

Couple charged with involuntary manslaughter after gender reveal sparks deadly fire-

It is alleged that a couple whose group exposed their sexuality sparked the El Dorado California fire last year that killed a firefighter and left 13 injured.

Refugio Manuel Jimenez Jr. and Angela Renee Jimenez are facing a murder charge, San Bernardino’s lawyer Jason Anderson said on Tuesday.

Other charges include three counts of culpable homicide for grievous bodily harm, four counts of arbitrary arson in a residential building, and 22 counts of criminal misconduct.

A burnt-out building collapsed during a fire in Yucaipa, California, on September 5, 2020. A couple at a sex expedition in Southern California that put out a fire that killed a firefighter in 2020 has been charged with murder.

The El Dorado fire erupted on September 5, 2020, when the couple and their children smoked at a sex party at Ranch El Dorado Park in Yucaipa, at the foot of the San Bernardino Mountains.

Also Read: RNC Chairwoman McDaniel: Biden smacks Social Security Administration in political purge that is unprecedented

The machine burned dry grass on a hot day, authorities said. Although they were trying to extinguish the flames with a water bottle, strong winds ignited fires in the desert and in the national forest, fueled by an extremely dry climate, Cal Fire said.

This photo provided to the family by the US Forest Service shows Charles Morton, team leader and Big Bear Interagency Hotshot Crew of San Bernardino National Forest in San Bernardino, California.

Morton died Sept. 17, 2020, in the San Bernardino National Forest while workers were fighting the El Dorado fire about 120 miles east of Los Angeles, the U.S. government said. Forest Service statement.

The blaze burned more than 22,000 hectares in the San Bernardino and Riverside valleys and evacuated hundreds of residents, officials said.

Charles Morton, 39, a 14-year-old fire veteran, died while fighting the blaze. The blaze also injured two other firefighters and destroyed several homes, prosecutors said on Tuesday.

“He’s fighting a fire that started because of a smoke bomb – that’s why he’s there,” Anderson said.

Also Read: Texas begins jailing border crossers on trespassing charges

San Bernardino firefighter David Cruz instituted a memorial on September 25, 2020, by Charles Morton, a U.S. firefighter. Forest Service assigned to Big Bear Hotshots, who were killed during the massacre. El Dorado was shot at The Rock Church in San Bernardino, California.

A couple involved in a sexual harassment incident that sparked a fire in southern California that killed a firefighter in 2020 has been charged with murder.

The suspects were brought to court on Tuesday and pleaded guilty. They were released on their own merits.

If convicted on all charges, they could face a sentence “under the age of 20 to under 20,” Anderson said.

The couple’s payments are taken as a warning to others, as most of the western US is constantly hot and dry, as wildfires spread and more than 18 million Americans are on the alert.

Continue Reading

U.S.

Texas begins jailing border crossers on trespassing charges

Texas begins arresting immigrants for illegal entry into the US-Mexico border

Texas begins jailing border crossers on trespassing charges
(Photo: ABC News )

Texas begins jailing border crossers on trespassing charges

AUSTIN, Texas – Texas is beginning to arrest immigrants accused of violating the US-Mexico border as part of a move by the Republican government, Greg Abbott, who says it is necessary to reduce border crossings to at least 10 inmates. road, authorities said Thursday.

The arrests sparked plans that Abbott announced for the first time in June when he said Texas would continue to build a border wall for former President Donald Trump and urged other officials to use law enforcement and members of the National Guard on the southern border.

The detainees are being held in an empty state prison in Dealey, Texas, about 100 miles (160.93 kilometers) north of the town on the border with Laredo, said Robert Hurst, a spokesman for the Texas Department of Criminal Justice. He said the converted center would be able to accommodate more than 950 people.

All the detainees so far have been single men, according to Val Verde regional attorney David Martinez, who was informed last week that the number of arrests abroad could rise to 100 or 200 a day. Such large numbers, he said, “will not only crush my office but our entire system very quickly.”

Much of the territory on the southern border of Texas belongs to the people, but Martinez said he understood that state troops would not arrest family structures. Last week, U.S. officials said they met with 55,805 family members with children in June, an increase of 25 percent last month. This number remains significantly below the high of 88,587 in May 2019.

Also Read: Biden authorizes $100 million in emergency funds for Afghan refugees

There is a good chance he will be arrested,” Martinez said”, If John Doe is caught in my area and is accompanied by his wife and children. “This is what they stand for.”

A spokesman for the Texas Department of Public Safety did not respond immediately on Thursday.

The Val Verde region, with a population of about 50,000, has become the scene of Abbott’s criticism of President Joe Biden over the border, as the two-year-old governor, ready to be re-elected in 2022, wants to take Trump’s uniform. immigrants. He returned to the province last weekend with Florida Governor Ron Desanti and other officials, including Florida Attorney General Ashley Moody, who wrote on Twitter that he had been tested for COVID-19.

“The state prison commission has set up a system to arrest more people currently in custody,” Abbott said during a visit on Saturday.

But Texas’s largest regions along the southern border, where borders are often very high, have rejected Abbott’s offer to increase compulsion and accept disaster reports, which officials often issue only during events such as hurricanes. Or fires.

Immigrants arrested by the state military for the first time appeared in jail on Tuesday. Prison officials said in a statement that preparations for the facility include temporary ventilation – many Texas prisons do not have a place to stay – and training in prisons and licensing.

Since it was announced earlier in the summer that Texas would begin prosecuting immigrants for state offenses, Abbott said law enforcement would not take part in “arrests and release” and said those arrested would spend time in detention. But Martinez said he would handle the news as usual, which usually meant giving up time off.

“My office is working hard to reduce the time it takes to go to jail,” he said.

Continue Reading

U.S.

‘No democracy is perfect’: US Secretary of State Antony Blinken on Centre’s backslide on human rights issue

‘No democracy is perfect’: US Secretary of State Antony Blinken on Centre’s backslide on human rights issue
Getty Image

No democracy is perfect’: US Secretary of State Antony Blinken on Centre’s backslide on human rights issue

Reflecting on growing relations between India and the US, Secretary of State Jaishankar and US Secretary of State Antony Blinken held a series of talks on Wednesday on the situation in Afghanistan, Indo-Pacific, 19ID response, and COV measures to strengthen security regional.

At a joint press conference, Blinken said there were few world relations more important than the one between the United States and India.

At the same time, he said, as the world’s leading democracy, we “take our responsibilities” with the freedom, equality, and opportunity of all our “people”.

“Our common principles strengthen US-India relations. Like ours, the Republic of India is strengthened by its free citizens. We welcome that. We see the Republic of India as a free and open Indo-Pacific power. A free and open world,” Blinken said.

Also Read: U.S. issues advisory to businesses warning of Hong Kong risks

“We believe that this partnership will be instrumental in achieving stability and prosperity in the Indo-Pacific region and in other countries, and in showing the world how democracy can contribute to its people,” he added.

Commenting on India’s human rights record, he said, “Speaking of our founding document, we want a more complete union which means we are not perfect. No democracy, no matter how big or old, has included all that.

Also Read: Spirit Airlines, American Airlines cancel more than 800 flights

“We see that any democracy, starting with ours, is an ongoing process. Once we have discussed these issues, I have done so from the beginning of humility. We have seen the challenges facing our democracy today. The concept of all democracies,” he added.

Blinken took to Twitter to praise India’s emergence as a world leader and commended Foreign Minister Jaishankar for discussing cooperation in a number of areas of cooperation. He wrote: “Thanks to @DrSJaishankar for a dialogue on cooperation in many areas of cooperation, including efforts to promote peace and stability in Afghanistan. India is one of our most important partners and the United States accepts India as a leader-Global power”.

Continue Reading

U.S.

Biden authorizes $100 million in emergency funds for Afghan refugees

Biden authorizes 0 million in emergency funds for Afghan refugees
(Photo: Reuters )

Biden authorizes $100 million in emergency funds for Afghan refugees

WASHINGTON, July 23- US President Joe Biden has approved a $100 million emergency fund to meet the “unexpected” needs of refugees in Afghanistan, including special visa applicants in Afghanistan, The White House said.

Biden also authorized the release of $200 million worth of services and articles from the US government treasury to meet the same needs, the white house said.

The United States is preparing to begin evacuating thousands of Special Afghan visa (SIV) applicants who are at risk of retaliation by Taliban rebels working for the US government.

The first migrants and their families are expected to be sent to Fort Lee, a US military base in Virginia by the end of the month. which they will await the final processing of the visa application.

Also Read: Biden says no U.S. plans to send troops to Haiti at the moment

On Monday, the Pentagon said that nearly 2,500 Afghans could be transported to the facility, about 30 miles (48 km) south of Richmond.

The Biden administration is investigating other U.S. facilities in the United States and abroad that may accommodate SIV applicants and their families.

Also Read: Afghan Air Force hurt by inoperable aircraft – Afghan lawmakers

Special immigrant visas are available for Afghans working as translators or other jobs. of the US government After the 2001 US-led invasion.

On Thursday, the U.S. House of Representatives passed a law that would increase the number of SIVs that could be received by 8,000, covering all potentially eligible applications.

U.S. officials say about 18,000 such applications are pending.

Continue Reading

U.S.

Child killed when abductor crashes into tree at high speed

A 3-year-old Florida boy is dead after his family says his mother’s boyfriend abducted him during an argument and then crashed a car into a tree at high speed.

Child killed when abductor crashes into tree at high speed

Child killed when abductor crashes into tree at high speed-

PLANTATION, Fla.– “A man abducted his girlfriend’s son during an argument and fell into his car before losing control of his vehicle and fell into a tree, killing himself and his child,” his family said.

Plant police planted the dead in the Thursday morning crash as Ryan Yates, 25, and three-year-old James Oizan-Chapon, but did not release any details.

But the boy’s grandmother, Maria Sid, told WPLG-TV that the Yeats did not agree with her 25-year-old daughter, Jasmine Sid, around 3:30 p.m. Benz as a mother tried unsuccessfully to free her son.

Mercedes hit a tree with great speed, split in two, and burst into flames. Soon Yasmin Cid arrived on stage.

“I heard two acoustic sounds shortly after the accident and a woman was crying about her baby,” witness Elizabeth Velsko told the station. “It was like, ‘My baby! My baby!” I started to cry when I heard it because I felt powerless to help. ”

The South Florida SunSentinel reports that Yates had a long record of arrests. In 2014, he was charged with battery, but the charge was dropped. In 2017, he was charged with auto theft. He did not see the race and was tested for three years.

He broke his probation the following year while traveling to Oklahoma, where he was charged with burglary and obstruction of justice. Florida withdrew his sentence and spent 18 months in prison.

In February, he was charged with battery, home battery by strangulation, stolen car, and robbery. It was due to be tested next month.

Plantation is an area under Fort Lauderdale.

Continue Reading

Trending

Translate »