Connect with us

World

3 dead, 20 injured in Taliban suicide bombing in Pakistan

3 dead, 20 injured in Taliban suicide bombing in Pakistan
Representational image

A bomb blast from Pakistan’s Tehreek-e-Taliban on Sunday blew himself up in the troubled Balochistan province, killing at least four security forces and injuring 20, a police official said.

The assault was focused on the Frontier Corps (FC) designated spot on Mastung Road in Quetta, the common capital, said Deputy Inspector General of Police Azar Akram.

Akram told the media that initial investigations showed that the suicide bomber was riding a motorcycle loaded with explosives in a car carrying Frontier Corps.

Play Free Online Games: Play our fun and Top free games !

“The bomb disposal group assesses that the bike was stacked with six kilograms of explosives,” he said.

Akram confirmed that four people had been killed in the incident and that 20 other soldiers, 18 and two others approaching the road were injured in the attack.

“The circumstance of a portion of the harmed is basic and the death toll could emerge,” he said.

As per the Balochistan counter-terrorism office, the impact was “self-destruction” and occurred close to the Sona Khan’s designated spot.

onfacet
Members of the crime investigation team remove the wreckage from the site after a suicide blast at paramilitary force checkpoint in Quetta, Pakistan on Sept. 5, 2021. (Reuters)

The banned Tehreek-e-Taliban Pakistan (TTP) claims to have done so, sending a shocking message that a change of government in Kabul may not end Pakistan’s suffering as the country looks to the Taliban to control TTP protesters. he is hiding in Afghanistan.

According to security sources, the vehicle targeted at the attack provided food vendors to the Hazar community in the province.

Criticizing the attack, Prime Minister Ranmran Khan took to Twitter to express his condolences to the families of the victims.

“Condemn the TTP attack on the FC checkpoint, Mastung Road, Quetta. I extend my condolences to the families of the martyrs and prayers for the wounded.”

Balochistan Interior Minister Mir Ziaullah Langove likewise denounced the assault and called for a report.

Advertisement
Click to comment

World

Tunisians protest over president’s seizure of powers

Tunisians protest over president’s seizure of powers
REUTERS/Zoubeir Souissi

Tunisia, September 18 – Hundreds of protesters gathered in Tunis on Saturday to protest against Tunisian President Kais Saied’s seizure of governing powers in July, sparking a constitutional crisis and allegations of cooperation.

Protesters rallied around the capital, chanting “Stop the insurgency” and “We want to return to law”, while 10 Said supporters protested, saying “people want to end parliament”.

The protest, which was accompanied by heavy police, was the first since Saied announced on July 25 that he had fired the prime minister, suspended parliament, and taken over the upper house.

Play Free Online Games: Play our fun and Top free games !

Saturday’s protest could give clues as to how security forces, most of whom have recently been appointed by Saied, deal with public opposition.

The police looked on behalf of both protesters, who were standing between two camps outside the well-managed theater in Habib Bourguiba Avenue.

Saied’s actions were widespread in a country plagued by years of economic stagnation and political disability but raised fears of new rights and a democratic system that overcame the 2011 revolution that abolished the Arab Spring.

Although the largest party in parliament, the conservative Muslim Ennahda, did not condemn his actions as a coup, it quickly subsided and the time since Saied’s intervention was calm.

However, eight weeks later, Saied will have to appoint a prime minister or announce his long-term goals.

Also Read: Taiwan plans $9 bln boost in arms spending, warns of ‘severe threat’

A Saied adviser told Reuters this month that the president was considering suspending the 2014 constitution and introducing a new version of the referendum, which has likely sparked widespread controversy since July 25.

Meanwhile, with the defense of their defense, some members of Parliament have been arrested, while many Tunisians have stopped traveling.

Saied has denied the allegations of insurgency and his supporters have presented his actions as an opportunity to recapture the Tunisian revolution and eradicate the corrupt party.

“They are only here … to protect corrupt people and Muslims,” ​​said Mohamed Slim, standing with his son in protest.

Continue Reading

Top News

Australian police clash with anti-lockdown protesters, arrest nearly 270

Australian police clash with anti-lockdown protesters, arrest nearly 270
Getty Image

MELBOURNE, Sept 18 –  Australian police arrested 235 people in Melbourne and 32 in Sydney on Saturday in illegal anti-blockade rallies and injured several police officers during clashes with protesters.

Victoria police said six police officers needed treatment. Several police officers were knocked to the ground and trampled, police said.

About 700 people were able to gather in parts of Melbourne, as 2,000 officials were almost shut down in the city center, setting up checkpoints and roadblocks. Public transport and shares in the city have been suspended.

Play Free Online Games: Play our fun and Top free games !

In Sydney, violent police officers, highway patrols, detectives, and police officers were deployed, blocking rallies.

Australia has been experiencing the outbreak of the Coronavirus Delta since mid-June, with Sydney and Melbourne and the capital Canberra under severe restrictions for weeks. 1,882 new cases of Covid were accounted for on Saturday, a large portion of them in Sydney.

Most restrictions in Victoria, New South Wales, and Canberra will remain in place until at least 70% of those aged 16 and over are fully vaccinated, the current immunization rate will be in late October or early November.

Also Read: Sydney lockdown extended statewide, fines hiked as Australia faces ‘worst’ COVID episode

High levels of adherence to public health guidelines have helped keep the number of diseases at very low, with less than 85,000 cases and 1,145 deaths since the outbreak began.

Most Australians support public health policies and measures, but there have been unusual and sometimes violent protests against the epidemic.

“It was extremely upsetting to see one more example of a small minority locally showing total negligence for the wellbeing and security of the police and not every person in Victoria,” the Victoria police statement said.

Continue Reading

World

Taliban replaces women’s ministry with ministry of virtue and vice

Taliban replaces women’s ministry with ministry of virtue and vice
Getty Image

September 17 – Workers in Afghanistan’s capital, Kabul, have replaced the country’s women’s ministry with a Taliban police code of conduct on Friday, with former department officials saying they were locked out of the building.

The sign of the building was covered with a mixture of Dari and Arabic, with the words “Ministries of Prayer and Guidance and Promotion of Virtue and Representative Prevention” on Friday, according to photos by Reuters witnesses.

Women officials say they have been trying to get to work for weeks and have been told not to return home, according to videos recorded outside a building seen by Reuters.

Play Free Online Games: Play our fun and Top free games !

The gates of the building were closed on Thursday, said one of the women.

“I’m the just one taking care of my family,” said a second lady, who likewise said she worked for the department. “On the off chance that there is no entryway, how could an Afghan individual react?”

Taliban representatives did not respond to requests for comment Friday.

While the Taliban, which took control of Afghanistan last month amid unrest following the withdrawal of US troops, last in power from 1996-2001, girls were barred from going to school, and women were barred from working and education.

Also Read: Afghan Deputy Prime Minister Mullah Baradar refutes reports of injury, death in clash

At this point, the Department of Beauty’s Promotion and Representation Representation is known as a well-behaved party police force, which enforces sharia interpretation, which includes a strict dress code and public killings and beatings.

The list of cabinet posts announced by the Taliban on September 7 included a caretaker minister to promote goodwill and prevent evil and did not mention women ministers, but the party did not confirm that the department had been disbanded.

Earlier this week, a senior Taliban leader said that women would not be allowed to work in government departments with men.

Continue Reading

World

Afghan Deputy Prime Minister Mullah Baradar refutes reports of injury, death in clash

Afghan Deputy Prime Minister Mullah Baradar refutes reports of injury, death in clash
Photo: ANI

The founder of the Taliban and Deputy Prime Minister Mullah Abdul Ghani Baradar on Wednesday denied internal strife in the new Taliban interim government in Afghanistan and denied he was injured during a dispute at the Kabul presidential palace.

In an interview with Afghanistan’s national television, which was posted on Twitter by the Taliban political office in Doha, Baradar has denied rumors that he was injured or even killed in an altercation last week at the Kabul presidential palace, CNN reported.

Asked about the rumors, Baradar said: “No, this is not true at all. Thank God I am in good health and healthy. As for the media who say we have internal conflicts, which is not true.

Play Free Online Games: Play our fun and Top free games !

“Thank God, we have a great deal of goodness and mercy among us, which is not even in the family. In addition, we have been suffering and sacrificing for many years to complete this work. That is not the power or position.”

Rumors are flowing – and generally gave an account of online media – that Bararar was injured during conflicts between Taliban groups and the powerful Haqqani organization, which stands firm on key footings in Afghanistan’s interim government.

Baradar initially denied the allegations in an audio clip on Monday, but no videos or photos were available at the time, CNN reported.

Baradar said he had walked out of Kabul without reaching the media to protest the allegations. “Thusly, we console the Afghan country and all the Mujahideen all over not to stress by any means, and nothing to stress over,” he added.

Baradar was also asked why he did not meet with Qatari foreign minister during a visit to Kabul on Sunday. Baradar appeared to be at odds with acting Afghan Prime Minister Mullah Mohammad Hassan Ahmad during a meeting with Sheikh Mohammed bin Abdulrahman Al-Thani, CNN reported.

Also Read: 3 dead, 20 injured in Taliban suicide bombing in Pakistan

“We didn’t realize that the Foreign Minister was from Qatar. On the off chance that we had known, we would have delayed our outing. And we were on a trip, so the meeting did not take place,” Baradar said.

“It would not have been possible for us to return from a trip to meet with the Minister of Foreign Affairs. If we had received the news early, we would probably have joined other friends at the meeting.” Taliban officials said Baradar had gone to Kandahar, where the party’s leader, Haibatullah Ahudjana, was reported.

Baradar is at the top of the Taliban political office and has driven Doha to converses with the previous government and the United States.

Some expected him to be appointed Prime Minister, but after lengthy negotiations on the formation of a new government, Baradar was appointed Deputy Prime Minister, CNN reported.

Continue Reading

World

N.Korea says it tested new railway-borne missile system to strike ‘threatening forces’

N.Korea says it tested new railway-borne missile system to strike ‘threatening forces’
KCNA via REUTERS

SEOUL, Sept 16 – The rockets fired by N.Korea on Wednesday were a test of a new “train equipment” program designed to detonate any forces threatening the country, state news agency KCNA reported.

The arrows flew 800 kilometers (497 miles) before hitting the target on the east coast of North Korea, reports KCNA.

Play Free Online Games: Play our fun and Top free games !

On Wednesday, South Korean and Japanese authorities said they had seen the launch of two missiles from N.Korea, just days after exploring seawater that analysts said could have nuclear power.

The launch of North Korea came on the same day that South Korea tested a ballistic missile (SLBM), and became the first country without nuclear weapons to carry out such a program.

Both Koreans are in a fast-growing armored race, with both sides displaying powerful arrows and other weapons.

Also Read: Myanmar shadow government calls for revolt against military rule

However, North Korea’s nuclear tests have caused condemnation and concern around the world, with the United States violating UN Security Council resolutions and posing a threat to Pyongyang’s neighbors.

North Korea is slowly developing its weapons, increasing betting on policy negotiations aimed at eliminating its nuclear and ballistic missiles in order to reduce American sanctions.

The North Korean test was conducted by an arrow missile earlier this year, a KCNA report said.

“The missile system serves as a counter-intuitive force,” said Pak Jong Chon, a North Korean general and a member of the ruling Republican Party’s ruling Bureau, according to KCNA.

Continue Reading

Top News

Taiwan plans $9 bln boost in arms spending, warns of ‘severe threat’

Taiwan plans  bln boost in arms spending, warns of ‘severe threat’
Photo: Reuters

TAIPEI, Sept 16 – On Thursday Taiwan proposed an additional T$240 billion ($ 8.69 billion) defense over the next five years, including new arrows, as it warned of an urgent “urgent need for China’s largest neighbor.”

Taiwanese President Xi Ying-wen has made armed militants – well-armed but ashamed of the Chinese – a very important factor and increasing security spending, especially as Beijing increases its political pressure on the island. “Holy” is a Chinese place.

The new money, valued at T$471.7 billion in military spending by 2022, will have to be approved by parliament, where the ruling Tsai party has a large margin, meaning its passing must be smooth.

Play Free Online Games: Play our fun and Top free games !

“Chinese communists have continued to invest heavily in national defense budgets, their military capabilities are growing rapidly and they often send planes and ships to attack and disrupt our seas and territories,” the Taiwanese Ministry of Defense said in a statement. . meeting.

“In the face of major threats from the enemy, the country’s military has been involved in military recruiting and preparatory work and it is urgent that we have a massive production of weapons and equipment in a timely manner.”

Defense Secretary Wang Shin-lung has told the media that all new weapons will be developed in the domestic market as Taiwan strengthens its manufacturing capacity, although the United States is likely to remain a major supplier of goods and technology.

Taiwan was determined to show that it could defend itself, especially in the midst of questions about whether the United States would help if China attacked.

Also Read: China shows off defence diplomacy with multinational peacekeeping drill

“Only if we ensure our safety and show determination will the international community think well of us,” said Lo Ping-Cheng, a Cabinet spokesman. “Others will only help us if we help ourselves.”

The weapons Taiwan intends to buy with the money include archers and warships, the department said.

Taiwan is testing long-range missiles in its southern and eastern parts, and while it did not provide details, strategists and experts said they could not hit targets far from China.

More money may have been received by Washington, pressuring Taiwan to modernize its troops so that it could move more and more into a “pig” that is difficult for China to attack.

Taiwan has already introduced a new category of highly sophisticated warships, Taiwan has been dubbed the “aircraft killer” due to the addition of arrows and is developing its own submarines.

The announcement comes as Taiwan is in the middle of a military exercise in the year of Han Kuang. Learn more

On Thursday, the Taiwanese military aimed to prevent an offensive attack by firing into the sea off the coast of its southern coast.

Continue Reading

Trending

Translate »