Connect with us

Top News

1st cases of Indian coronavirus variant reported In Thailand

Thailand says it has detected its first locally transmitted cases of the coronavirus variant discovered in India, as it announced the formal rollout of its national vaccination plan next month

1st cases of Indian coronavirus variant reported In Thailand

1st cases of Indian coronavirus variant reported In Thailand

On Friday, Thailand said the country’s first contagious coronavirus was discovered in India as it announced the official launch of a national vaccination plan next month.

The COVID-19 Management Center said 15 Indian cases were found in a construction worker camp in Bangkok. Taweesil Wissanu Yothin, a CCSA spokesman, said the 15 people were taken to hospitals and isolated.

The government has banned the entry of non-Thais from India, Pakistan, Bangladesh, and Nepal in a bid to prevent the spread of the variables.

Thailand reported 3,481 new coronavirus cases and 32 more deaths on Friday. The total number of confirmed cases has now risen to 123,066 since the outbreak, including 94,203 reports since the wave erupted in early April. There were 735 deaths, a total of 641 cases since April.

Also Read: Restrictions reused as virus resurfaces in most of Asia

Thaweesil said it would extend the national emergency at the end of July to help stop the virus.

The government also announced it would launch a national vaccination campaign on June 7 and allow foreigners to register. The government has been watching for weeks on whether to include foreigners and says they will receive their final vaccinations.

Till the end of the year, Thailand hopes to vaccinate 70% of the estimated 70 million people living in the country.

Nattapanunopakhun, the deputy spokesman for the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, said more than 1 million migrant workers will be vaccinated separately from the Ministry of Labor.

Thailand has begun vaccinating about 150,000 Chinese people living in the country. China has provided millions of doses of the vaccine to Thailand.

Approximately two lakh other ex-pats – from Australia, Japan, Europe, the United States, and elsewhere – are mostly professionals and retirees.

Most Thailand had cases of the coronavirus last year which closed its borders, requiring necessary quarantine and searching for contacts of those found to be infected. The measure destroys the lucrative tourism industry. But the epidemic remained largely until early April.

Then, the waves that started in high-end nightlife spots in central Bangkok spread rapidly as people had the opportunity to travel during the mid-April public holidays.

The partial blockade in recent weeks has made limited progress in reducing the epidemic, particularly in Bangkok and its prisons.

The construction worker camp has become another important building. There are 409 construction camps throughout Bangkok, accommodating 62,169 people, of which 26,134 are Thais and 36,035 migrant workers.

Advertisement
Click to comment

Top News

Australian police clash with anti-lockdown protesters, arrest nearly 270

Australian police clash with anti-lockdown protesters, arrest nearly 270
Getty Image

MELBOURNE, Sept 18 –  Australian police arrested 235 people in Melbourne and 32 in Sydney on Saturday in illegal anti-blockade rallies and injured several police officers during clashes with protesters.

Victoria police said six police officers needed treatment. Several police officers were knocked to the ground and trampled, police said.

About 700 people were able to gather in parts of Melbourne, as 2,000 officials were almost shut down in the city center, setting up checkpoints and roadblocks. Public transport and shares in the city have been suspended.

Play Free Online Games: Play our fun and Top free games !

In Sydney, violent police officers, highway patrols, detectives, and police officers were deployed, blocking rallies.

Australia has been experiencing the outbreak of the Coronavirus Delta since mid-June, with Sydney and Melbourne and the capital Canberra under severe restrictions for weeks. 1,882 new cases of Covid were accounted for on Saturday, a large portion of them in Sydney.

Most restrictions in Victoria, New South Wales, and Canberra will remain in place until at least 70% of those aged 16 and over are fully vaccinated, the current immunization rate will be in late October or early November.

Also Read: Sydney lockdown extended statewide, fines hiked as Australia faces ‘worst’ COVID episode

High levels of adherence to public health guidelines have helped keep the number of diseases at very low, with less than 85,000 cases and 1,145 deaths since the outbreak began.

Most Australians support public health policies and measures, but there have been unusual and sometimes violent protests against the epidemic.

“It was extremely upsetting to see one more example of a small minority locally showing total negligence for the wellbeing and security of the police and not every person in Victoria,” the Victoria police statement said.

Continue Reading

Top News

Taiwan plans $9 bln boost in arms spending, warns of ‘severe threat’

Taiwan plans  bln boost in arms spending, warns of ‘severe threat’
Photo: Reuters

TAIPEI, Sept 16 – On Thursday Taiwan proposed an additional T$240 billion ($ 8.69 billion) defense over the next five years, including new arrows, as it warned of an urgent “urgent need for China’s largest neighbor.”

Taiwanese President Xi Ying-wen has made armed militants – well-armed but ashamed of the Chinese – a very important factor and increasing security spending, especially as Beijing increases its political pressure on the island. “Holy” is a Chinese place.

The new money, valued at T$471.7 billion in military spending by 2022, will have to be approved by parliament, where the ruling Tsai party has a large margin, meaning its passing must be smooth.

Play Free Online Games: Play our fun and Top free games !

“Chinese communists have continued to invest heavily in national defense budgets, their military capabilities are growing rapidly and they often send planes and ships to attack and disrupt our seas and territories,” the Taiwanese Ministry of Defense said in a statement. . meeting.

“In the face of major threats from the enemy, the country’s military has been involved in military recruiting and preparatory work and it is urgent that we have a massive production of weapons and equipment in a timely manner.”

Defense Secretary Wang Shin-lung has told the media that all new weapons will be developed in the domestic market as Taiwan strengthens its manufacturing capacity, although the United States is likely to remain a major supplier of goods and technology.

Taiwan was determined to show that it could defend itself, especially in the midst of questions about whether the United States would help if China attacked.

Also Read: China shows off defence diplomacy with multinational peacekeeping drill

“Only if we ensure our safety and show determination will the international community think well of us,” said Lo Ping-Cheng, a Cabinet spokesman. “Others will only help us if we help ourselves.”

The weapons Taiwan intends to buy with the money include archers and warships, the department said.

Taiwan is testing long-range missiles in its southern and eastern parts, and while it did not provide details, strategists and experts said they could not hit targets far from China.

More money may have been received by Washington, pressuring Taiwan to modernize its troops so that it could move more and more into a “pig” that is difficult for China to attack.

Taiwan has already introduced a new category of highly sophisticated warships, Taiwan has been dubbed the “aircraft killer” due to the addition of arrows and is developing its own submarines.

The announcement comes as Taiwan is in the middle of a military exercise in the year of Han Kuang. Learn more

On Thursday, the Taiwanese military aimed to prevent an offensive attack by firing into the sea off the coast of its southern coast.

Continue Reading

Top News

China shows off defence diplomacy with multinational peacekeeping drill

China shows off defence diplomacy with multinational peacekeeping drill
REUTERS/Carlos Garcia Rawlins

QUESHAN, China, Sept 15 – Chinese troops completed their first peacekeeping mission on Wednesday, demonstrating their ability to fight with drones and mine-clearing robots as they seek to create a better image.

As the Asian giant upgrades and strengthens its troops, raising hundreds of billions of dollars a year in its defense budget, it has also sought to reassure other countries that its military is power for great, not a danger.

Also Read: Taiwan plans $9 bln boost in arms spending, warns of ‘severe threat’

About 1,000 soldiers from China, Pakistan, Mongolia, and Thailand took part in a ten-day training program for the People’s Liberation Army in Queshan County in central Henan Province, though most of the soldiers appear to be Chinese.

The mission, inscribed with the name “Shared Destiny 2021,” emphasized China’s position “as a defender of world peace and security,” Colonel Lu Jianxin, a military expert in China, told reporters.

Play Free Online Games: Play our fun and Top free games !

Soldiers, in front of a small group of journalists, observed the clashes between terrorists and peacekeepers in the war-torn land of Karana.

The operation was based on a 2016 incident in Mali when a Chinese peacekeeper killed one of them.

The military also reported the location of an incident based on another incident in 2016 in South Sudan, where peacekeepers were supposed to protect civilians involved in clashes between groups.

In another case, unmanned planes flew to the battlefield to retrieve bombs, which, in turn, detonated robots. Drones also doubled as speakers and distributed colorful tracts urging people to stop fighting.

Exercise has also been an exhibition of Chinese military equipment. Foreign troops are being trained in Chinese weapons and equipment.

“The utilization of Chinese hardware by unfamiliar soldiers could be viewed as an indication of work on military participation … also, fully intent on offering it to unfamiliar soldiers, said Collin Koh, a security researcher in Singapore at the Rajaratnam School of International Studies.

China has repeatedly tried to alleviate concerns in neighboring countries even more with its military intentions, even though it regularly conducts tests near Taiwan called China and the disputed South China Sea.

China shows off defence diplomacy with multinational peacekeeping drill
Pakistan soldiers take part in a multinational U.N. peacekeeping military exercise with troops of the Chinese People’s Liberation Army (PLA), Mongolia, and Thailand, on the outskirts of Zhumadian, Henan province, China September 15, 2021. REUTERS/Carlos Garcia Rawlins

China is proud to be the world’s largest peacekeeping force, represented by five permanent members of the UN Security Council.

As the second-largest financial contribution, China accounted for 15% of the total cost of UN peacekeeping operations by 2020.

Since 1990, it has sent 50,000 troops to take part in 25 international peacekeeping missions, built or repaired more than 10,000 miles [17,000 km] of roads and bridges, and cleared 18,000 mined, says expert Lou.

Continue Reading

Top News

Three killed after gas explosion destroys residential building in Russia

Three killed after gas explosion destroys residential building in Russia
via REUTERS

MOSCOW, September 11 – Three people, including an 11-year-old girl, were killed in a gas explosion in a two-story building in a Russian suburb on Saturday morning, said by Igor Artamonov, the head of Lipetsk region.

Videos show the damage to a building in Solidarnost, a village about 400 km (250 miles) south of Moscow, and local rescuers, who are trying to clear away debris.

Play Free Online Games: Play our fun and Top free games !

Six other people were injured, the TASS agency reported, quoting Vassily Razmunov, head of the local emergency department.

The regional branch of the Russian Commission of Inquiry said a gas explosion in the center of the building caused the collapse.

Investigators say they have launched a criminal case on the grounds that the services provided do not meet security requirements.

Gas explosions are very common in Russia because of the aging infrastructure and minor safety regulations related to gas use. Two people were killed earlier this week when a nine-story building exploded.

Continue Reading

Top News

Taiwan says strong typhoon may hit land this weekend

Taiwan says strong typhoon may hit land this weekend
REUTERS/Ann Wang

TAIPEI, Sept 10 – Taiwan said on Friday that typhoon Chanthu could reach the country this weekend, bringing strong winds and rain to the first hurricane to hit the island in two years.

Taiwan’s Central Meteorological Agency said the storm was expected to hit a small coastal area and mountains east of the island before reaching the northeast corner Sunday afternoon near the capital Taipei and then head for Zhejiang.

Play Free Online Games: Play our fun and Top free games !

Taiwan’s Department of Transportation said 12 domestic flights had already been canceled, although there was no impact on international flights.

The Tropical Storm Risk watchdog reported that it would hit Taiwan as a hurricane in phase 4, one level below the hurricane, with winds of up to 250 km / h (156 mp / h) and a flow of energy.

However, according to the Central Meteorological Agency, it may be far enough away from the world’s largest Taiwan semiconductor plants on the west coast to avoid damaging chip plants that provide everything from smartphones to cars.

In 2009, streak floods and avalanches brought about by Hurricane Morakot killed at least 700 individuals in Taiwan, the deadliest storm on the island.

Taiwan’s underground state relies on a storm to fill its dams, but with no one arriving on the island last year, water levels have dropped dramatically, leading to the worst drought in Taiwan in history and widespread water restrictions.

The drought ended after heavy rains in late spring and early summer.

Continue Reading

Top News

US, NATO allies back to square one in Afghanistan after 20 years war on terrorism

US, NATO allies back to square one in Afghanistan after 20 years war on terrorism
Getty Image

Kabul [Afghanistan]: The North Atlantic Treaty Organization (NATO) returns to first place in Afghanistan. They ended their journey to a war-torn nation where they started 20 years ago.

The United States and its NATO allies invaded Afghanistan in October 2001 to overthrow the Taliban, considered a “terrorist war,” and spent billions, but the end led to the formation of the “Islamic Emirate” Taliban in Afghanistan.

According to the International Forum for Rights and Security (IFFRAS), this never-ending war in the so-called “Empire Cemetery” has left the Taliban unharmed and unscathed thanks to Pakistan’s ongoing gratitude for more than 20 years.

It is important to understand that Pakistan, which has controlled terrorist groups such as the Haqqani Network, Quetta Sura, and the Al Qaeda leadership, has never been fully accepted by the United States and its allies.

Play Free Online Games: Play our fun and Top free games !

For its part, NATO also ignored a number of details during its alliance with Pakistan, given a decade-long confrontation that sparked many negative thoughts, IFFRAS said.

For the provinces concerned, it is a matter of question as to whether this multi-billion dollar project was really worth it.

Establishing terrorist bases in Afghanistan will be easier with Taliban control, as camps for groups such as LeT and JeM are reportedly migrating to Afghanistan from Pakistan to avoid the blacklist of FATF, reports IFFRAS.

In addition, the NATO-backed government and all other institutions built over the past 20 years have been completely destroyed and the Taliban have openly declared that women’s rights are in Sharia.

Although many big statements are made by the Taliban, the human rights situation on the ground, especially for young women and women, is getting worse with each passing day.

In addition, the cost of the war to the United States and its NATO allies was billions. According to US government figures, when the country had more than 100,000 troops in Afghanistan between 2010 and 2012, military spending rose to nearly $ 100 billion a year, reports IFFRAS.

The United Kingdom and Germany had sent a large number of troops to Afghanistan behind the United States and spent $ 30 billion and $ 19 billion respectively during a long crisis.

It can be acknowledged that large amounts of investment in the country have disappeared as corruption, fraud, and account management for years, IFFRAS said.

In a report to the US Congress in October 2020, the person in charge of overseeing the reconstruction efforts in Afghanistan estimated that approximately US $ 19 billion was lost in this way between May 2009 and December 31, 2019.

Today, Americans, NATO allies, and Afghans are disappointed with the price of the war. The United States and other NATO countries have lost thousands of people and most of the Afghan people have died although people continue to be evacuated.

In addition, billions of American dollars are still a debt that American generations have to bear. But Afghanistan has finally returned to where it was, under Taliban rule, just as the world had found it, almost 20 years ago, IFFRAS said.

Continue Reading

Trending

Translate »